© Brumat Photo / Foersom Sàrl
Welcome to the new campus of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
The new campus of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education is located in the Cité des Sciences on Belval, a former steel industry site in the South of Luxembourg.
The Cité des Sciences is not is not only housing the University of Luxembourg but is also home to numerous other research institutes and start-up companies. Eventually around 7,000 students and 3,000 people will work in this new hub for research and teaching.
Belval, one of the largest and most ambitious current urban renewal projects in Europe, is located about 20 km from Luxembourg City, 3 km from Esch-sur-Alzette (the country’s second largest town) and just 500 m from the French border. The huge site of 120 hectares brings together academic research and teaching, work and leisure, urban living and culture, thus making Belval an exciting place to work, study and live.
The state-of-the-art university facilities on Campus Belval include:
- Maison du Savoir is with the eighteen-storey tower the administrative centre of the university. The bridgelike horizontal structure houses conference facilities, 12 lecture halls, 60 seminar rooms, informal meeting areas and exhibition spaces;
- Maison des Sciences Humaines is the new home of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education;
- Maison du Livre: the university library is planned to open in 2017;
- Maison des Arts et des Etudiants provides space for cultural, artistic and social events and house student organisations (planned to open in 2016);
- Maison du Nombre;
- Maison de la Vie and Maison des Matériaux;
- Biotech 1 and Biotech 2;
- Maison de l'Innovation;
- Ateliers d’essais ingénieur;
- Student residence halls UNI-VAL 1, UNI-VAL 2.