Master in European Governance (académique)
> Teaching languages: français/english
Taught in the heart of one of the principal institutional centres of the European Union, the University of Luxembourg’s innovative new bilingual (English/French) Master in European Governance distinctively combines:
- a strong core of teaching on European Politics and Policy
- a broader interdisciplinary curriculum on European integration;
- a series of practitioner-led seminars providing unique insight into the processes of European decision-making.
The Master’s degree builds upon the research programme in European Governance established in 2004, which brings together over 25 collaborators (http://europa.uni.lu).
The principal objective of the Master in European Governance is to educate experts in European public policy, providing an advanced-level training in Political Science complemented by a wider interdisciplinarity. The programme permits students:
- To acquire an advanced-level knowledge of the functioning of the institutional system of the European Union, as well as of a wider range of European public policies (particularly in the areas of economic, social and environmental policy).
- To benefit from a solid disciplinary grounding in Political Science complemented by an awareness of interdisciplinary research methods
- To develop transferable skills (data analysis; report-writing; oral presentation, etc.)
- To familiarise themselves with the working methods of the European institutions and/or of private sector firms (including internship possibilities)
- To profit from the experience of a bilingual educational and working environment, situated within a wider multilingual context
- European institutions
- National, regional and local administrations
- Multinational corporations
- Non-governmental organizations