Master in integrated systems biology (académique)
- The applications are sent via the SEVE to the study director (Prof. Thomas Sauter), who makes a first screening for the above mentioned criteria.
- Applications that passed the pre-screening will be evaluated by the study director together with 1-2 other members of the MISB teacher’s team for the following criteria:
- Motivation letter: besides the use of good English (see above), the applicant should demonstrate that he/she understands for what type of specialized studies he/she applies (for example by mentioning that the studies will necessitate skills in mathematics and computer sciences and not only classical biology).Students who would like to apply for the CanSys programme, should indicate this clearly in their motivation letter.
- General scientific background: the applicant should have passed courses in fundamental science disciplines, such as mathematics, physics, chemistry and biochemistry, with an acceptable grade (12/20 or more).
- Courses in modern biosciences: the applicant should demonstrate knowledge in modern biosciences by documenting passed courses in molecular biology, bioinformatics, (human) genetics or similar topics.
- CV: The CV of the applicant should demonstrate a continuous focus on scientific studies, if not otherwise explained in the motivation letter.
The above mentioned criteria are balanced against each other, failure in one is not automatically leading to a rejection of the application.
3. The study director informs the SEVE about acceptance or rejection of the application.
Please do not hesitate to directly contact Prof. Thomas Sauter in case of any other problem.