Erasmus + is the new EU programme for Education, Training, Youth, and Sport for 2014-2020.
The seven year-programme will have a budget of €14.7 billion. It combines seven EU education, training and youth programmes and for the first time provides support to sport.
The programme is structured in three key actions:
- Key Action 1: Mobility of individuals (including Joint Master Degrees and a Master student loan guarantee)
- Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices (including strategic partnerships, knowledge alliances, sector skills alliances and capacity building in the field of youth)
- Key Action 3: Support for policy reforms
In addition, sports and Jean Monnet Activities are also supported.
Further information can be found on the website of the European Commission.
Calls for proposals
The following calls for proposals are currently open in the field of higher education:
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees; application deadline: 16 February 2017
- Strategic partnerships; application deadline: 29 March 2017
- Knowledge alliances; application deadline: 28 February 2017
- Capacity Building Projects; application deadline: 9 February 2017
- Jean Monnet activities; application deadline: 23 February 2017
Information on the previous generation of programmes, some of which are still running, can be found on the website of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency