Teaching and administrative or any other staff members of the University of Luxembourg have the chance to spend a teaching/training period in a partner university within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme.
A teaching period can include workshops or courses on any study level and in any area, with a minimum of 8 hours per week or for any shorter period.
A training period can include training events abroad, job shadowing/training at a partner university, attendance at workshops or courses or a short secondment period.
An Erasmus+ staff mobility can be carried out in any Erasmus+ programme country (i.e. the 28 members states of the European Union as well as the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey). For a teaching staff exchange an Erasmus+ agreement must have been signed previously with the host institution.
Teaching staff mobilities are also possible in some third countries, under the condition that the University of Luxembourg has previously signed an agreement with the host institution and has obtained funding for that particular country. For the moment, teaching staff exchanges are allowed in partner institutions in the following countries:
Albania, Brazil, China, India, Israel, Russia, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam.
- University of Tirana - Albania (Economics and Finance only)
- Federal University of Bahia – Brazil
- Peking University - China
- IIT Madras – India (Engineering only)
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem – Israel
- Ben Gurion University of the Negev - Israel
- National Research University – Higher School of Economics – Russia (Economics, Mathematics, Entrepreneurship and Law only)
- Chulalongkorn Business School, Chulalongkorn University – Thailand
- National Technical University of Ukraine – Kyiv Polytechnic Institute (Computer Science only)
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology – Vietnam
The mobility is funded by the Erasmus+ scheme and complies with the EU grant rules and conditions.
According to the regulations of the University of Luxembourg, the mobility period cannot be longer than 2 weeks. The minimum duration is 2 days.
Furthermore, the mobility is also possible within some Erasmus Mundus programmes. To gather more information please visit our Erasmus Mundus section.