General terms and conditions of use
- The user of the present website of the University of Luxembourg (http://www.uni.lu/), hereafter referred to as « user », acknowledges that he has verified that the computer configuration used does not contain any viruses or any other malicious software and that it operates perfectly.
- The user is solely responsible for the selection, use and interpretation of the data which he consults, searches and transmits on the Internet.
- The University of Luxembourg reserves the right to modify the present legal notice at any time. The user shall abide by the conditions of use of the portal contained in the most recent version of the legal notice available on the portal at the time of such use.
Contents of the website
- The University of Luxembourg shall not be held responsible for the presence of viruses or malicious software on its website.
- The University of Luxembourg reserves the right to correct the content of this website at any time and without notice.
- The University of Luxembourg undertakes all efforts to offer available and verified informa¬tion and/or resources to users, but cannot be held responsible for errors, a lack of availability or invalid character of the information.
- Under no circumstances can the information contained on this website constitute a warranty in the case of administrative or educational errors. For further information, directly contact the se¬cretariats concerned of the University of Luxembourg.
- Any user who discovers inaccuracies, erroneous information or information of a clearly un¬lawful nature is invited to inform the Communication's department hereof (email@example.com).
Use of hyperlinks
- This site includes information made available by hyperlinks to other sites which have not been developed by the University of Luxembourg.
- The University of Luxembourg shall under no circumstances be liable for hyperlinks to other sites from this site.
- The existence of a link from this site to another site shall not constitute any acquiescence or warranty on the part of the University of Luxembourg with respect to contents or any person who runs such other site.
- The creation of hyperlinks to this site shall be subject to the explicit prior approval of the University of Luxembourg.
- Pursuant to the Act of August 2, 2002 relating to the protection of persons with respect to the treatment of personal data („Loi du 2 août 2002 relative à la protection des personnes à l'égard du traitement des données à caractère personnel“) (see http://www.legilux.lu/), the site user has in particular a right of access to, correction of and deletion of his personal data. The user may exercise these rights by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The data collected on our site stem exclusively from the voluntary registering of your personal data, for example by subscribing to our newsletter.
All the information available on the website http://www.uni.lu/ is protected by copyright. Unless otherwise indicated, reproduction of texts from this site for non-commercial purposes and especially in educational situations is permitted, subject to the following three conditions being met:
- Free dissemination;
- Respect for the integrity of the reproduced documents: no modification or alteration of any kind;
- Explicit mention of the site http://www.uni.lu/ as a source and statement that the rights of reproduction are reserved and limited.
Any exception to these rules shall be subject to the prior written approval of the University of Luxembourg and the author of the contents.
Photographic credits: unless otherwise stated, the photographs on this website are protected by copyright and are the property of the University of Luxembourg.
- The user accepts that any access to the website or any use of the website shall be on his own responsibility.
- The University of Luxembourg declines all liability for direct or indirect damage which may be caused by the use of the site, particularly in relation to an interruption to or cessation of the operation of the site or a dysfunction of the site which may result in particular from a shut¬down for maintenance or upgrading of the computer system of the University of Luxem¬bourg, technical faults or network overloads, faults in telephone lines, errors, negligence or misdemeanours by suppliers of Internet services or by a third party, or a vi¬rus acquired via the Internet.
The University of Luxembourg on Social Networks
The University of Luxembourg wishes to use social networks for maximum proximity with students, future students, researchers, etc. The aim is to provide them with special access to useful information likely to be of interest to them. To guarantee quality information flows where people remain respectful of good social practices and can participate freely, two guideline documents have been developed to assist users.
Social Media Guidelines outlines the essential points to be taken into consideration before posting information and moderating the flows of conversations. In order to ensure suitable uniformity on all the media and in all the messages posted, we would be grateful if you could ensure that you respect the editorial rules implemented.
Luxembourg law and courts
- The law of Luxembourg shall apply.
- The user is informed that only Luxembourg courts are competent to pronounce a ruling with respect to any disputes which may arise relating to the use, interpretation and implementation of the information and data featured on this website.