|Faculty or Centre||Faculté de Droit, d'Economie et de Finance|
Weicker Building, Université du Luxembourg
4, rue Alphonse Weicker
|Telephone||(+352) 46 66 44 6824|
Prof. Mark Cole (SnT)
- Since January 2015, Mark D. Cole has been Professor for Media and Telecommunication Law at the University of Luxembourg, where he is also Course Director for the Master in General European Law LL.M. programme. Beetween 2007 and 2014, he was Associate Professor of Law (Law of the New Information Technologies, Media and Communications Law) at the same university.
- In addition, he is a Faculty Member of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) of the University of Luxembourg.
External appointments include:
- Director for Academic Affairs at the Institute for European Media Law (Saarbrücken/Brussels),
- Co-Director of the Institute for Legal Informatics at the Universität des Saarlandes,
- Lecturer for "European Media Law" in the LL.M. programme on Media Law at the Mainzer Medieninstitut/Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz,
- Lecturer for "Media Competition Law" - Case Studies in the LL.M. programme on "European and International Law" at the Europainstitut, Saarbrücken.
- Prof. Mark D. Cole specialises in Media Law, covering both traditional mass media as well as the law of the new information technologies. Of British origin (born 1972), he grew up in Switzerland and Germany where he studied law and political science. He holds a doctorate from the Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz (2003) where he was research assistant from 1999 to 2002 and again from 2005 to 2007 at the Chair in Public Law, International and European Law, Media Law. Additionally, he holds both German State Examinations in Law. He gained practical experience in media law at the DG Competition of the European Commission, a law office specialising in Intellectual Property Law and the legal department of a television broadcasting company. For three years he was Researcher at the Mainz Media Institute where he still teaches a class on European Media Law in the LL.M.-programme on Media Law. From 2005 to 2007 he was lecturer for "Media Law" in the Media Sciences course of the Technical University Braunschweig and also taught in the advanced training programme for government employees of the European School of Governance (Berlin) covering all areas of European Law.
- Prof. Mark D. Cole has published and guest lectured in many European countries and the U.S. and has participated in conferences, not only on subjects of Media Law, but also Public International Law, European Law and Constitutional Law.
- In addition to the information to be found here on the research project further details can be found via www.medialaw.lu.
Last updated on: Wednesday, 11 February 2015