News & Events
Events and Seminars
ComSys members work closely together with SnT and the Internal Seminar Series.
Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT)
Interconnected ICT networks and systems are at the core of vital societal functions and services. Security of these systems and services is critical as our society is exposed to more vulnerabilities and risks. The failure of a system or network can lead to severe financial consequences or even loss of lives.
Core scientific and technological advances are required to develop reliable commercial and government services as well as network and communication infrastructures. Operating environments are often unpredictable and as systems increase in scale, complexity must be managed. In increasingly complex technical and nontechnical environments, reliability requires its own design paradigm requiring autonomy, reconfigurability, adaptivity, and redundancy.
Even if a service or network infrastructure is secure and dependable from a technical point of view, users may not necessarily trust it. To address this lack of trust, it is necessary to develop novel methods for establishing trust from an organizational, legal, and social perspective.
The goal of the centre is to:
- Create a European centre of excellence and innovation for secure, reliable, and trustworthy ICT systems and services
- Provide a platform for research collaboration with national and international partners, and for participation in national and international funding programs.
- Establish a high quality and internationally attractive PhD program.
- Create a positive impact on the regions financial, content/services, and communication/networking sectors.
- Provide a meeting place in Luxembourg for knowledge transfer and exchange of ideas with a special focus on small and medium sized businesses.
- Foster efficient dissemination of research results commercially as well as academically.
Dates are distributed over the internal mail system.
The seminars are usually held on Campus Kirchberg (see access map)