The University of Luxembourg currently offers doctoral schools (DS) in:
- Doctoral Programme in Systems and Molecular Biomedicine;
- Economics and Finance;
- Educational Sciences;
- Doctoral Programme in Computer Science and Computer Engineering;
- Doctoral School of Law;
- Doctoral School in Social Sciences;
- IPSE: Identités. Politiques, Sociétés, Espaces.
Each doctoral school is actively involved in the implementation of the general policy of the Doctoral Education Framework (PDF) to support, encourage and prepare doctoral students from the University of Luxembourg in their early career.
Transferable skills training courses
Our doctoral schools more particularly offer transferable skills training courses for PhD candidates detailed in the Course Guide on Transferable Skills 2016 brochure. Training takes place in small groups of PhD candidates, focusing on their specific research topic, and allows students to experience in-depth knowledge exchange as well as enrol in transferable skills courses. Doctoral school students will receive regular exchange and support among candidates.
PhD candidates will:
- acquire in-depth knowledge in their field of expertise;
- receive training of scientific methods;
- improve their scientific writing;
- debate ethical issues in science;
- develop interdisciplinary competences;
- learn transferable skills, such as project management and presentation techniques.