Multilingualism is a key feature of the University of Luxembourg and is integrated into most study programmes. The Language Centre’s mission is:
To this end, we offer academic, general, and professional language courses in the University’s official languages - French, English, and German – as well as courses in Luxembourgish and other languages.
The Language Centre provides its services to the University’s:
- Bachelor and Master students, in order to support them in understanding and producing written and spoken texts in their fields of study and to help them acquire language and communicative skills that will further their future professional careers;
- doctoral students, to promote the development of the linguistic and communicative skills needed to become accomplished research writers and presenters;
- academic and research staff, by offering support that facilitates instruction and research in the languages they need; and
- administrative and technical staff, to enable them to cope with the communicative demands that result from working in a multilingual institution.
The Language Centre’s course offer and pedagogical methods are based on the needs of the University’s students and staff.
- The course offer is informed by needs analyses and thus tailored to suit the needs of this University.
- Materials development and teaching are grounded in applied linguistic and educational research.
- Autonomous learning opportunities are provided so learners can adapt the pace and focus of their language learning to their needs and schedule.