Home // Students // Mobility // Incoming EXC... // Accommodation and Insurance

Accommodation and Insurance

Once officially admitted and registered online, you will receive a student ID number, which is essential for applying for accommodation. All Incoming exchange students will receive a housing code a few days before registration opens.

Home insurance

All students must take out a home insurance for their university accommodation. You can either choose an insurance company registered in the Grand duchy of Luxembourg (private insurance) but we strongly recommend you to take out the multi-risk insurance ALLIA offered by the University of Luxembourg. Get more information about our residence halls and the administrative procedure under:  Incoming student

Health insurance

Please consider that all students in Luxembourg need to be covered by health insurance. You can either send us a copy of your valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a proof of your private insurance. Once you are in Luxembourg you will have to register at the Caisse Nationale de Santé (CNS) or Centre commun de la sécurité sociale (CCSS).